Reporting to the Head of Programme Management, the Programme Manager supports the client services teams in managing client workflow, working closely with the operations teams in each of the core disciplines; creative and production, performance and media science, PR, data consulting, ensuring that our client’s projects can be delivered efficiently, on time, to budget.
- Provides project management support for client delivery alongside the Client Service Directors and their teams, specifically on more complex projects.
- Prepares project timelines to ensure client deadlines can be met efficiently and effectively, with the support of the Client Services Team Lead and/or the Head of Programme Management.
- Liaise with client services team leaders to ensure we manage workloads appropriately. For example, ensuring briefs are prepared on time and ready to be briefed when required; that the right information is being provided by client services, that project progress meetings happen when needed to enable work to stay on track etc.
- Attend key briefing sessions on major client projects to ensure that client services are providing the right information for the studio teams and to ensure that the right resource is being requested, utilised.
- On occasion, and when appropriate, attend client meetings where more complex resource skills and planning is needed or to provide a demonstration of our workflow processes and management.
- Provide an effective interface between the Client Services teams and the middle office disciplines, as and when needed on projects.
- Coordinate and plan the appropriate resource for client project plans and create the project plan and project set up.
- Maintain project plans throughout the life of the project, and updating all stakeholders of any changes.
- Attend, and sometimes coordinate, key briefing sessions on major client projects to report on the project timings, resource, and any additional/external resource.
- Attend internal briefing sessions an effective weekly WIP session, producing WIP reports and coordinating feedback from all teams.
- When necessary, liaise with external suppliers and other third parties, to coordinate project plans and costs.
- Ensure that the operational management tool Synergist is used appropriately and effectively for project management and management information purposes.
- Support the Client Service teams on other aspects of managing projects as and when required.
- Ensure that the business’s quality and workflow procedures are being adhered to and if necessary, escalate any concerns to the senior management team, team heads or GADs.
No direct line management expected in this role.
- Ensure that best practice is adhered to and in line with agreed processes.
- To escalate concerns around performance and delivery to Head of Programme Management
- Consistent evaluation of client projects is in line with project budgets agreed.
- Follow compliance with all financial systems and all internal agency procedures, including invoicing, purchasing and job management as and when required.
- Ensure that work is completed to schedule and to mitigate/minimise the risk of over-investing in client work by ensuring projects remain on track and report any significant risks to the business to the Head of Programme Management.