- A strong understanding of how to handle data and produce insight related to measuring marketing and credit risk.
- An introduction to how lenders manage credit risk, including credit scoring, forecasting and modelling techniques.
- An ability to work independently to produce and communicate meaningful data-driven insights and recommendations to a variety of stakeholders.
- Familiarity with digital communications and how to assess channel performance including Paid Search, SEO, Affiliates, Display, Social and online media, email and some above the line channels.
- Confidence in presenting results to internal teams and clients at a variety of levels; you are aiming to become a strong storyteller.
- The ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues.
- Skills necessary to support wider teams and collaborate on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Studying a degree in either; Applied Mathematics and/or Statistics, Economics, Data Science, Computer Science, Digital Media, Communication + Media etc.
- Good problem-solving skills and good attention to detail.
- You’ll possess an analytical mind.
- Excellent communication skills
- Inquisitive, enthusiastic and flexible – willing to take on whatever project comes your way.
- Able to organize your workload and keep colleagues and managers updated on your progress.
- Excited to work in a fast paced and intellectually stimulating environment where you will be given plenty of opportunity to develop and learn new skills.
- A basic understanding of some of the following tools would be helpful although not essential – Excel, R, Python, SQL, SAS, Power BI, Tableau, Google Analytics.
- Must be studying an eligible course (4-years with sandwich year gap - courses mentioned above).
- Have right to work in the UK (passport, birth/adoption certificate).
- Have access to accommodation in or near Leeds/Sheffield.
- A-levels in numerate subjects.
Mentoring will be provided by our team of Analytical Consultants and Data Engineers and you will also be assigned a work ‘buddy’ who will guide and support you. We have a flexible structure and approach which means the successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects.
Projects will vary; typical requests may include loading spreadsheets into data warehouses, quick adhoc analysis into conversion rates by landing pages, or assessment of bad rates by refer rules. You may also work on longer-term projects such as analysing and optimising a client’s marketing spend, or supporting a credit model development / review. At all times you will be provided with appropriate support from project leads and colleagues.
We are professional without unnecessary formality, and both our people and clients welcome and enjoy this refreshing approach.
Jaywing employees are entitled to 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays) annually.
Our contracted hours are 35 per week.
For more information or to arrange an informal chat, email Dom Fletcher ([email protected]) or apply below - we'd love to hear from you!
No recruitment agencies please.