Strategic, creative and people skills
- Work closely with the creative team to generate creative concepts from initial briefing.
- Aspire to deliver big ideas with enthusiasm and a collaborative ‘can do’ attitude.
- Work as part of the team to create big, impactful ideas that span every element including ATL, BTL, digital and social media.
- Produce and communicate a consistent stream of fresh ideas and concepts.
- Deliver well-crafted copy that’s both on brief and on brand.
- Develop a good understanding of the tone of voice and personality for each client’s copy style.
- Use your initiative to information to develop messaging – asking relevant questions and carrying out your own research where necessary.
- Develop and maintain the skills and knowledge needed to write effectively across platforms and media (including a working knowledge of SEO).
- Work hard to develop a strong sense of belief in your ideas, plus the skills and confidence to express and present them internally, and potentially, to client.
- Display well-developed teamworking skills; the ability to take feedback and to be able to adapt ideas to clients’ and colleagues’ needs.
- Work with the senior creative team to bring to the table further opportunities within client briefs - offering ideas and creative solutions.
- Feel comfortable in asking questions of a brief or of a situation to gain more clarity as an aid to the development of a better solution.
- Develop work that builds the agency’s reputation externally, contributing to wider business goals and playing a role in the agency’s onward growth.
- Show initiative and responsibility for the creative output and direction of the projects you are/have been involved in.
Playing a key part within the creative team
- Support the strong working environment within Jaywing, play your part within the team to support the creation of more compelling ideas.
- Work individually and collaboratively with the aim of exceeding expectations on all levels.
- Listen to feedback on creative concepts with an open mind and a willingness to improve and refine your ideas with the guidance of your colleagues.
- Develop your understanding of trends and technologies that affect the industry, share with the team and help improve our work or our working practices.
- Show enthusiasm about advertising and communications with a real desire to keep up to date with new developments in the industry and media and an integrated and creative approach to media and how it can be used in broader brand experiences.
- Show good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work and multi-task. Be prepared to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, ensuring the quality of the work produced is of a consistently high standard.
- Actively seek help and support whenever you need it, in relation to your work and overall performance.
- Work seamlessly across departments to deliver work over and above client expectations.
- Liaise with other departments internally to ensure the smooth and effective flow of work.
- Foster positive working relationships with senior members of the creative and other agency disciplines.
Effectively manage work through the business
- Play your part to ensure all projects run efficiently and in-line with forecasts and expectations.
- From time to time you may be needed to complete work outside of office hours.
- Take responsibility from start to finish for the quality of the ultimate output of projects you have been involved in.
- Take pride and ownership in seeing a job completed well.
- Ensure compliance with processes and management of other teams.
- Display the personal motivation, understanding and ability to work productively undirected when required.
- Be able to identify additional resource requirements for your project - either internally or externally where specific freelance skill may be required, to meet the needs of the agency.
Skills and experience
- Impressive copywriting skills, and the ability to adapt your style to clients across sectors.
- Ideally 2-3 years agency experience.
- Able to conceptualise, articulate and produce creative ideas.
- Exposure to interactive, brand and integrated marketing communications projects.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and co-ordination skills.
- High level of diplomacy and ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both with clients and within the agency and wider business.
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to multi-task proficiently.
- Good presenting skills.
- Skilled creative thinker with a developing understanding of all aspects of execution and development across media.
- Able to evidence the creation, development and implementation of creative solutions, products and services.
- Able to conceptualise, articulate, direct and produce integrated creative ideas.
- Strong interpersonal/communication and co-ordination skills.
- A purposeful and energetic approach to your work at all times that makes you an important part of the team.
- Strong presentation skills on paper and in person.
- A sense of humour, a willingness to roll up your sleeves while leaving your ego at the door.
For more information or to arrange an informal chat, email Dom Fletcher ([email protected]) or apply below
No recruitment agencies please.