As an SEO Content Manager, you'll oversee strategic planning, content production and delivery for a range of accounts, as well as reporting and regular client communications. The latter might entail weekly calls, on which you'll share your recent work, and quarterly business reviews, where you'll present performance and activity progress. You'll benefit from copy-writing support from our SEO Content Execs, whose skills you will foster. Where client-side copywriters exist, you'll work in tandem with those teams to ensure our recommendations reap brilliant results.
In taking this role, you will constantly strive to deliver best-in-class strategies and content that instils confidence in your clients. You'll support the Head of Organic Media Content to better our processes and evolve our approach as the search landscape changes, and you'll be excited to help us expand the team over time.
The successful SEO Content Manager will be responsible for:
- Auditing and research to feed strategies, including (but not limited to): keyword research, content auditing, visibility landscape analysis, link gap analysis, and content gap analysis
- Strategy and planning (alongside Account Managers), using learnings from research and client briefs to create effective content plans with clear goals to meet business needs
- Working with organic social and digital PR specialists to ensure cross-channel synergy and highlight opportunities for collaboration
- Overseeing and contributing to copy/briefing deliverables for a number of clients, ensuring that our output is always timely and of the highest standard
- Proofreading and quality control of work for your own clients and others
- Always-on analysis of content KPIs to inform client discussions and learnings for the future
- Liaising with clients on weekly calls and in meetings to discuss deliverables and results
- Supporting the team on sales opportunities where relevant, building insights and materials for pitch responses when organic content is required
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of industry news and updates, and taking a keen interest in training and being ahead of the curve
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have a passion for creativity, outstanding knowledge of data-driven content planning and creation, and impeccable attention to detail. You'll demonstrate confident verbal communication skills and an awareness of how your work can impact, power and complement other Organic Media channels (like Social Media and Digital PR). We're looking for someone who will get under the skin of every account they work on, who understands the importance of brand messaging and brand mission, and can embody them in their approach to content analysis, strategy and creation.
The successful SEO Content Manager will also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience contributing to and actioning, organic search strategies, and content plans
- To facilitate the above, knowledge of and experience using, key organic search tools like Ahrefs, Semrush, Google Ads Keyword Planner, and Google Analytics
- A strong ability to analyse opportunities and results and use the information to determine actions
- Strong communication skills to collaborate across teams and with clients
- Outstanding writing skills, adaptable to different industries, tones of voice, and audience needs
- Extensive experience in, and knowledge of, copywriting for organic search optimisation
- Adaptability, and the capacity to prioritise and react at short notice
- A passion for learning and development
- An appreciation for organic content in all its forms
What's on offer?
Sound appealing? Then you could be the one we're looking for to join our vibrant, supportive team. You will also enjoy plenty of support from the whole team, including creatives, developers, strategists, data scientists and media performance specialists.
Additionally, the successful SEO Content Manager will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible 35-hour working week
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) - up to an extra 5 days after each year of service
- Generous pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Healthcare and life assurance plans
- Employee Assistance Programmes
- Hybrid working - a combination of working from home and from our Leeds or Sheffield offices 1 or 2 days per week
Interested in this role?
No recruitment agencies please.