The Senior Planner will have a number of responsibilities, such as:
- Lead and develop strategic projects across the agency.
- Proactively challenge and develop creative briefs alongside the client service teams, adding insight and rigour to the consumer view held in these briefs.
- Provide a strategic service to clients, helping to direct marketing strategy and overall marketing planning including media recommendations (channel, formats, targeting).
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is provided by the junior members of the team, including creation of strategic insights, presentation of findings, and the ability to lead a creative team.
- Effectively differentiate core strategic ideas from executional treatments and be able to communicate when these creative ideas meet the client brief.
- Provide the ability to think analytically, strategically and creatively in order to solve the clients' business problems.
- Design and lead workshops for clients that solve business problems, consumer understanding and creative challenges.
- Plan, brief and analyse primary research projects across a wide range of disciplines and techniques (both independently managed and via 3rd party partners).
- Effectively capture the attention and confidently lead the room in client presentations.
- Identify new business opportunities within the client's business and industry, and work with the new business team to develop and win new business.
- Establish strategic understanding of our range of client's industries, business and their competitors
- Demonstrate thought leadership and ability to lead/advise client service teams on strategic client issues.
- Ensure that project management principles such as time management, effective reporting and scheduling is kept to a high standard.
- Demonstrate confidence presenting to large numbers and be a representative for the agency
- Provide guidance, mentoring and support for junior members of the planning team and across the wider agency team.
- Ensure all projects run efficiently and profitably in-line with forecasts and that all third party costs are in-line with expectations.
You will be able to demonstrate the folowing:
- Extensive experience across a range of industry sectors and marketing disciplines.
- Comprehensive experience with agency work.
- Educated to graduate level.
- Substantial strategy experience gained in an integrated or creative agency environment.
- Able to evidence the creation, development and implementation of marketing communications strategies.
- Experience in all key areas of marketing communications strategy. Specific experience in media strategy or media planning would be advantageous.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task proficiently.
- A mix of analytical and creative capabilities.
- Effective upward and downward delegation skills.
- High level of diplomacy with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both inside and outside the agency.
- Able to give and receive feedback that supports the development of the agency's creative work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What's on offer?
The successful Senior Planner will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible 35-hour working week
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) - up to an extra 5 days after each year of service
- Generous pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Healthcare and life assurance plans
- Employee Assistance Programmes
- Hybrid working - a combination of working from home and from our Leeds or Sheffield offices 1 or 2 days per week
Interested in this role?
No recruitment agencies please.