The Organic Media Director will lead the Organic Search offering for the agency, setting strategic direction and leading the team to delivery brilliantly.
The Organic Media Director will be a thought leader, able to think strategically and long-term, while keeping on top of the latest algorithm developments. You will play a major role in the positioning of the agency proposition in Organic Search and informing its future development. You will also be a key figure in representing the agency at industry events and speaking at conferences.
Reporting into the Managing Director and leading our current SEO experts (who range from managers to graduates) you will provide training, mentoring, support, resource and project management.
A fundamental part of the role is an ability to work with leaders and teams across the business to ensure we consistently offer our clients a complete and holistic approach to achieve their business objectives. This will require our wider team having a clear understanding of your vision and how this aligns with a range of different specialisms in digital including PR, UX, Content and Paid Media.
This role requires a confident and experienced grasp across all areas of Organic Search, the ability to motivate teams and individuals alike, commercial acumen, relationship-building skills, and an understanding of how best to pull an agency team together to deliver results. We are also looking for someone who can help harmonise Organic Media and Paid Media to drive performance for our clients.
This role is ideal if you have extensive experience and are motived to make a difference.
- Drive innovation and the development of the Organic Search services and client base
- Provide holistic Organic Search solutions which include Technical SEO, Digital PR and Content
- Identify future industry trends and developments, ensuring that this information feeds through into the proposition to clients
- Devise SEO strategies alongside internal teams and oversee the delivery of these strategies
- Advise our clients on Organic Media strategy
- Oversee/support day-to-day SEO development, ensuring clients receive a high level of service
- Ensure teams deliver on schedule, on budget and above targets set
- Work with existing accounts to help grow our services with them
- Ensuring clear value reporting on SEO activities
- Work with Jaywing’s sales team on new business opportunities
- Work with directors to acquire new business and transition new accounts into Jaywing
- Provide strong leadership and inspiration for your team and clients
- Work with staff to help them grow individually and as a team
- Promote and adhere to the organisation’s culture and values
- Celebrate success and motivate teams
- Undergo relevant training and development required by the business
- Work with colleagues in other areas of Jaywing to develop their understanding of SEO
- Support the development of new services and propositions at Jaywing
- Ability to assess SEO deliverables and provide a critique of the activity and some improvement suggestions
- Superb proven skills and demonstrable knowledge of SEO, across Strategy, Technical, Content Creation, Digital PR
- Agency experience leading an SEO team
- Clear on the technologies behind websites, best practice UX and the components which contribute towards effective landing pages
- A scientific testing approach with strong data analysis
- High competency in a range of tools including Google Analytics, Search Console and SEO crawlers such as Screaming Frog, with knowledge of tools such as Kerboo, SEMRush and AHREFs or similar a distinct advantage
- Good understanding of site architecture
- Able to demonstrate good client communication and management skills
- Numerate with a good eye for detail
- Experience working with senior client stakeholders
- Public speaking experience
- You will have already forged a successful career in Organic Search
- Substantial experience
- You will be required to be familiar with complementary disciplines, including;
- Websites Design and Development
- UX and CRO