The successful Media Operations Lead will be responsible for:
- Support the Head of Client Delivery in the ongoing development and enhancements of workflow and resource planning functions and processes.
- Ensure the Media workflow processes adhere to Jaywing policies and standards.
- When requested, support the wider Client Delivery Team to coordinate meetings, internal initiatives, and projects.
Coordinating Media Workflow
- In conjunction with the Media Team Heads, coordinate the scheduling of work for the wider Media Teams, consulting with Client Services to ensure time and cost-effective use of resources.
- Fully utilise the business operational management tool Synergist to effectively plan workflow and ensure appropriate levels of resource are assigned and utilised.
- Monitoring of work status and deadlines, reviewing timelines and schedule changes, communicating this across both Client Service and Media Teams.
- Liaise with other divisions as and when required to strengthen resource and to integrate specialisms.
- Attend key resource and project planning meetings with the relevant Heads of Teams and Client Services to ensure that workflow is effectively managed within teams.
- Coordinate daily and weekly status meetings as required to support the Media Team. Plan and share progress and updates, producing work in progress (WIP) reports and coordinating feedback from all teams.
- Ensure that Jaywing's quality and workflow procedures are being adhered to and, if necessary, escalate any concerns to the Head of Client Delivery.
Supporting Client Services Teams
- Provide support to the Client Services Teams to help plan more complex projects through the Media Team, integrating with other Jaywing specialisms where required.
- Liaise with Client Services Team leads and their teams to ensure workloads are managed appropriately. For example, ensuring briefs are prepared on time and ready to be briefed when required; that the right information is provided by Client Services, that project progress meetings happen when needed to enable work to stay on track etc.
- Attend key briefing sessions on major client projects to ensure that Client Services are providing the right information for the Media Teams and to ensure that the right resource is requested and utilised.
- Support the Head of Client Delivery in the reporting of performance and capacity of the Media Team as required.
People Management (no direct reports)
- When required, support the Head of Client Delivery in the coordination of training and implementing operational changes in the business which relate to workflow.
- Manage monthly timesheets, chasing weekly and reporting/escalating to Team Heads and Head of Client Delivery.
- Liaise with Team Heads and the Head of Client Delivery in the planning for holidays and absences from the business for resource management and reporting purposes.
- Escalate concerns around performance and delivery to Media Team Heads and the Head of Client Delivery.
- Support the Head of Client Delivery in the creation of reports and as/when required support in the reporting of performance to Media Team Heads.
- To ensure that work is completed to schedule
- To mitigate/minimise the risk of over-investing on client work by ensuring projects remain on track and report any significant risks to the business to the Head of Client Delivery, Media Science Team Heads, and Client Service Leads.
The successful Media Operations Lead will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Notable experience within Operations, ideally in a producer or traffic management role.
- A comprehensive understanding of project and resource management, preferably in an agency environment.
- Understanding and knowledge of Digital Media Channels.
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills
- Ability to multi-task proficiently.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- High level of commercial understanding, with knowledge of the agency model desirable.
- Proficient in diplomacy, with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships across the agency at all levels.
What's on offer?
Sound appealing? Then you could be the one we're looking for to join our vibrant, supportive team. You will also enjoy plenty of support from the whole team; including creatives, developers, strategists, data scientists and media performance specialists.
Additionally, the successful Media Operations Lead will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible 35-hour working week
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) - up to an extra 5 days after each year of service
- Generous pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Healthcare and life assurance plans
- Employee Assistance Programmes
- Hybrid working - a combination of working from home and from our Leeds or Sheffield offices 1 or 2 days per week
Interested in this role?
No recruitment agencies please.