We are looking for an experienced digital marketing professional with extensive exposure to UX and CRO to build and lead the team into its next phase of growth. The CRO proposition at Jaywing has grown rapidly over the last 3 years, and we’re looking for a confident, enthusiastic, knowledgeable individual who is able to build our offer as part of our vision to be the best data-powered integrated agency in the UK.
With overall responsibility for the agency’s UX and CRO proposition, you will oversee the day to day performance of the UX and CRO team, fulfil the current strategy roadmap and identify opportunities for the future strategy of the team, offering and proposition. This will include driving forward various initiatives such as Jaywing’s user research proposition, working closely with other teams across the business to develop a robust, best in class personalisation offering and to develop ways of working utilising Jaywing’s data scientists.
As well as close collaboration within the Performance and Media Science team, we’re looking for someone with experience of UX processes to work closely with the creative team to further develop Jaywing’s web development process and the role of UX within this.
You will also be a key figure in representing the agency at industry events and speaking at conferences, supporting the sales and marketing teams in driving forward the proposition as a core Jaywing service.
This role requires an experienced grasp of the key principles of all aspects of UX and CRO, from the importance of data and balancing this with the psychology of users and user behaviour. A solid understanding of digital acquisition channels (SEO, PPC, Display, etc.) is also essential to this role.
Ultimate responsibility for leading the UX and CRO team, driving forward Jaywing’s proposition and ensuring the team delivers best in class results for clients.
- Drive innovation and further develop Jaywing’s UX and CRO proposition and offering
- Keep up to date with the industry news, other agency offerings, new technologies, future trends and developments and ensure this feeds into the proposition
- Help develop cross-channel strategies alongside the wider strategy team and oversee the delivery of these strategies
- Support our marketing activity in representing Jaywing within the industry
- Work with other Heads of to develop a collaborative approach and identify new ways of working
- Manage relationships with tool providers and partners, ensuring relationships are nurtured for mutual benefit
- Review new/alternative industry tools, assess pros and cons and suitability for the team
- Support team where needed in the day to day delivery of client work and ensure clients receive a high level of service
- Ensure the team delivers client work to schedule, on budget and to the best possible quality
- Working closely with the sales team to develop compelling responses to new business opportunities and client briefs
- Attend new business pitches and present UX and CRO process and proposed strategy
- Provide strong leadership and inspiration for your team and clients
- Work with the team to help them grown individually and as a team
- Act as the senior point of contact for UX and CRO within the agency
Skills & experience
- Strong knowledge and experience of the key principles of CRO and its role and importance in digital marketing, including an understanding of (and potentially hands-on experience delivering);
- User research
- Data analysis
- Hypothesis testing
- Statistical analysis
- Strong knowledge and experience of the key principles of UX and its role and importance in digital marketing and web development, including an understanding of (and potentially hands-on experience of delivering);
- UX heuristics
- User journey mapping
- Content strategy
- Familiarity with a range of UX & CRO tools such as Google Analytics, VWO, Google Optimize, Usabilityhub, Userlytics and Hotjar
- A strong understanding of wider digital marketing and the role of other channels, e.g. SEO, PPC, etc.
- Experience in managing and motivating teams (running 121s, appraisals, team meetings, managing capacity, etc)
- Excellent project management skills including working to deadlines, prioritising workloads and helping the team do the same
- Public speaking experience, ideally at relevant industry events
- Experience of working in pitch situations and producing new business proposals, including developing compelling business cases for investing in UX and CRO
- Confident, dynamic, motivated individual with the ability to interact well with people on a personal and professional level and to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively across the agency