New Business Development
- Work with the Business Development Director to create an active pipeline of prospects, to bring into the pitch process for several areas of agency expertise
- Use the following techniques to identify, engage and convert prospects to qualified:
- Using HubSpot to follow up with all inbound enquiries and marketing qualified leads to qualify for the sales-ready stage
- Make outbound contact to C-Suite level contacts to profile, cleanse and update our CRM - gathering unique marketing intelligence
- Using outbound communication channels including telephony, email, and LinkedIn, to nurture prospects consultatively along the path to purchase; support in writing the initial brief and supporting prospect insights at sales-ready stage
- At the sales-ready stage, handover the opportunity to the new business team in the form of a discovery meeting
- Maintain the relationship with the prospect throughout the sales process (including after the new business team has been introduced) to aid sales conversion
- Keep abreast of the latest market information relevant to the marketing industry so that you can promote the brand, products, and services in the most accurate way
- Research the target market (category/verticals), and conduct desk-based research and insight collection to share with prospects
- Coordinate direct mail and email marketing campaigns based on target segments
- Recruit attendees for webinars/events
- Coordinate new marketing content based on prospect feedback gathered from ongoing prospect engagement
- Coordinate internal Jaywing stakeholders from across multiple specialist teams to manage their contributions to support sales outreach and prospect qualification against their needs.
Marketing & Industry Knowledge
- Work with marketing colleagues to create and shape the marketing strategy as a client-facing advocate for your area of specialism, with a focus on directing content and campaign requirement to stimulate market demand
- Ensure the Jaywing proposition remains relevant to the needs of the marketplace by undertaking wider reading and immersion into client business problems, as well as macro events and trends
Skills & Experience
- Solid B2B marketing and business development experience, ideally working for a digital agency or technology provider.
- Experience of working closely with sales teams in a commercially focused marketing or business development role.
- A proactive attitude with a self-starter, and team player mentality.
- The ability to communicate naturally and effectively with prospects via the telephone and in person as part of a consultative sales process.
- A natural communicator and storyteller.
- A deep understanding of the sales funnel and how marketing and business development initiatives can support each phase.
- Experience in delivering sales and marketing reports with a desire to be accountable for your own KPIs.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to collaborate and coordinate multiple stakeholders within the lead generation process.
For more information or to arrange an informal chat, apply below.
No recruitment agencies please.